The oil pan was leaking very bad. Even though RTV has it's uses, I have never liked using it like this. The oil will eventually soften it up and it will not seal anymore. The valve covers were the same as this mess on the oil pan.
They had so much RTV that it was in the oil pump screen.
I cleaned and repainted the oil pan. The restorer installed a temperture sensor. I like it. It's kind of neat to know what the oil temperture is. I also reached up and cheked the timing chain because we suspected it might be worn.
You can see the slop in the chain on the right side of this picture.
I install a new gasket and move on to the Timing Chain.